Friday 13 December 2013

Leitourgia Confirmed for Upcoming Winter Season on CFRC

Welcome to this homely little web space for 'Leitourgia', a new radio show that I am happy to announce has been confirmed for the 2014 winter semester line-up on CFRC community and campus radio! I am super excited, and personally think it'll be a heap of fun. It looks like the show will probably be on Mondays from 10AM to 11:30AM, or possibly on Sundays from 1-2PM. Timings are never a sure thing with shifting school schedules, but I will update you all when it's a little more set in stone. Thanks for checking in. I will have my demo broadcast up in a few days to provide some sort of idea what the show will be like!

In the mean time, I'll maybe try to breakdown how this web space is laid out. In a brief explanation of the imagery: the background is a little storefront I encountered in Cabbagetown, Toronto a few years ago. The header is actually an inverted photograph of flowers and incense, and was taken at the Cheng Hoon Teng temple, the oldest traditional Chinese temple in Malaysia -- recognized by UNESCO in 2003 for some really remarkable restoration that went on there. It is situated in historic Malacca and serves as a place of worship for Taoist, Confucianist, and Buddhist communities. Locals refer to the temple as Kebun Datok (God's Garden). You can get more information here, and this is the full photograph:



The About page has my general vision for the show and an explanation of the show's name. I haven't filled out the Resources and Campus Links pages, but those will be filled in over the winter break with links to people and resources that have inspired me spiritually, as well as more information about the spiritual resources on campus. I'll be posting past episodes and playlists here as well, which will be linked on the Episodes page. And feel free to check out the Facebook page if you'd like to keep updated. So anyways, that's what's in store! Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: